I am a part-time college instructor/ lighting professional and a full-time mother of three. I’m hoping that this blog will some day excuse the fact that I never kept up with the kids’ baby books.
- I’m left-handed.
- I have an M.F.A. in Theatre. When my great-uncle Lud heard that I was going to New Orleans for graduate school, he told me, “You don’t need that much education to change diapers!”
- Huh. Turns out he was right about that.
- But I do use my degree, as a lighting professional and to teach at the college level.
- I’ve been married to Dave since 1998. He was late to the ceremony but I married him anyway.
- I am hoping that, some day, this blog will make up for the fact that I never kept up with the kids’ baby books.
- I love to run, but I’m not very fast. Once, during a race, I was passed by a grey-haired man pushing a baby in a stroller. Uphill.
- I’ve never had a haircut that I didn’t later regret. Literally never.
- Nothing grosses me out like snot. I’d rather be covered in someone else’s warm puke than touch the booger on the end of my 3-year-old’s finger.
- If you ever see me in a bar and you simply must buy me a drink: my favorite beer is Abita Turbo Dog. Or just come by with a round of tequila shots– I’m flexible.